Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mini-Posteriettes.

EDIT:
So they actually do combine shipping if you ask them.
They didn't re-invoice me or anything, so I don't know if it actually changed the price or not.

I just got the invoice right now, and have semi-confirmed that they actually don't do combined shipping. (Because I was buying a sample comic book to see their printing quality). The prices are actually quite alright, but it would actually probably be considerably cheaper if I actually had social skills enough to go to a local printer and have it printed from there.

BREAK DOWN:
  • $30 for 10 posters, incl. delivery.
  • Printed in RGB. If you know anything about printing, when you print digital images, they tend to look dull on actual paper. This company has some sort of magical printer which prints in the colours you see on the screen - meaning it's more vibrant and colourful than a standard printer. BUT, that's what they say, we won't know for sure until we get the first batch.
  • 11" x 17". That's approximately 28cm x 43cm.
  • Cardstock- 80# Cover Gloss (216 gsm). I honestly have no fucking idea what that means, but I assume it's a bit shiny/laminated.
  • 6-10 days delivery after shipping date. Because, I can only guess, that they hoard all their orders and then ship the at the same time as opposed to shipping them ASAP.
I'm currently getting "Relive Or Not At All" ('Re' prefix for the updated version) printed, my shout because I all kind like that. 3 confirmed taken, Stephen might take one, and I'm going to guess and say that maybe Genvin and Katie will take one.

Because of the lack of combined shipping, orders can be straight up and whenever, except you will have to pay 3 dollars, or get a bunch of people to pay $3 each.

Incase you're Daria, I get a ginormous $3 profit if this occurs.

2 comments:

katie. said...

hello, i have social skills.
:|

actually i just mean, i'm comfortable with approaching a local printer.
so if you wanted, i'd do it.

also, count me in for 'live or not at all'.
i'll even pay the 3$
huzzah!

Kuoke said...

Up to you really, cause you guys will be getting the prints.